Purpose:

This is for all of you who were wondering what we've been up to, out here on the coast. We hope you get some entertainment out of our experiences!

Monday, December 6, 2010

"Don't retreat. Just reload!"

Let me make no bones about it. I hold strong Conservative values and believe in a Conservative ideology. The other day I saw a preview for Sarah Palin's Alaska that is featured on TLC. Now, I have not had the chance to watch this show (we get the Farmer 5, if we are lucky), but if we did have cable, this would be mandatory for the Hand family to view.
I have found that there are two types of people, those that love Sarah Palin and those that despise her. However you view her, I have to think that most people would have the smarts not to corner her. I mean, she seems like one of those huge Alaskan mama bears that will do anything to protect her cubs. That automatically earns my respect.
Anyways, during one of her show's previews, Palin tells her daughter, Bristol, "Don't retreat. Just reload." This quote rocks my world, not gunna lie. In the preview, Palin and her daughter are shooting, but I think this saying can apply to much more than just shooting some skeet.
In our day to day lives, we come across many obstacles. Take for instance the situation Chase and I are in. We're expecting our first child any day now (not that I'm calling Slater an obstacle, we feel blessed). Now, we can't simply turn away and retreat from this next adventure in our life. Instead, we're excited and looking forward to meeting our new little addition.
I'm a simple military wife. There are things that happen that can really honk me off. Sometimes, I would much rather choose a different course and give up on certain things. Yet, we can not be like that. We have to be able to tackle what God puts in our paths. We have to be willing to "reload" and go after the things that need accomplished.
I wonder where this country would be if Washington always retreated during the Revolution, or if Abe decided not to upset the apple cart during the Civil War. I wonder how my life would be different if everyone around me gave up on challenges instead of attempting to overcome them. I am so thankful for the persistence of good men and women, and their willingness to accomplish what God puts in their path.

1 comment: