Purpose:

This is for all of you who were wondering what we've been up to, out here on the coast. We hope you get some entertainment out of our experiences!

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Time Flies! 35 Weeks

We are going to meet Turbo in approximately 34 days (please, Slater, work with me, here!). I can't believe how fast time has flown by. It seems like just yesterday, we were staring at a pregnancy test, trying to figure out if that was a (+) or a (-) sign.
As most of you know, with a pregnancy comes classes. Our experience in birthing class continues! Chase wasn't able to attend last weeks class with me, he was at the rifle range (lucky for him, he got out of watching 2 more birthing videos). However, he was able to come with me last night, and boy am I thankful.

Can you say "Pampered"

We took 5 pillows with us to this class (we were told to do so). Due to my asthma, I was really looking forward to this class, because it was supposed to help us with our breathing techniques during the labor process. Well, once we arrived and spent a few minutes in class, Chase came to the conclusion that we're going to have lots of kids. Want to know why? Too bad, I'm going to tell you. The class was 2 hours long, and Chase had to give me massages the whole time! Our crazy, funny, little wacked out instructor taught the husbands where to massage their wives to help relieve tension and pressure. This also helped us wives relax and concentrate on our breathing.
Poor Chase, if I would have known about this prior to coming to class, I would have washed my feet. Instead, I wore shoes that had been on the beach (so my feet were sandy and gritty), I had on a Sunday sock (you know, the "Holy" kind), and Chase felt the need to inform me that my feet stunk! Don't worry,  our instructor must have noticed the stench, because he ran out to his truck and brought in smell good oils and Chase rubbed that on my feet (I wasn't the only one with the oils on my feet, pretty much every wife present took advantage of that stuff!). I tell you what, I walked out of that building feeling relaxed, comfortable, and drowsy (I don't exactly know what was in the $30 bottle of oil, I guess).
Coming to week 3 of Birthing Class was worth it! Chase even lucked out, we didn't have to watch a movie! I am so thankful for such a thoughtful, caring husband that massaged my back, neck, hands, and head, then rubs my feet, even if they may have smelled like roadkill.
*Disclaimer, just because I really enjoyed the massages, doesn't mean we'll have lots of kids... It just means that Chase doesn't have the excuse on not giving me back rubs and such, now that he's become such a professional!

No comments:

Post a Comment